UNIT – I Meaning and Scope of History
1. What is History ? (A). Origin of History, (B). Meaning of History, (C) Definition of History, (D). Tools of History, 2. Is History a Science or Art or both ?, 3. Scope of History, 4. Collection and Selection of Facts, 5. Evidence and its Transmission, 6. Causation in History, 7. Philosophy of History and Historicism, 8. Bias in History,
UNIT – II History and Other Disciplines
9. Correlation of History with other Disciplines, (a) History and Archaeology, (b) Correlation of History with Geography, (c) Correlation of History with Anthropology, (d) Correlation of History with Sociology, (e) Correlation of History with Political Science, (f) Correlation of History with Economics, (g) Correlation of History with Psychology, (h) Correlation of History with Philosophy (i) Correlation of History with Linguistics, (j) History and Natural Science, (k) History and Applied Science, (l) Correlation of History with Literature,
UNIT – III Traditions and Concepts of Historical Writing
10. Historiography is Ancient Age, (a) Greco-Roman Tradition, (b) Chienese Historiography, (c) Historiography in Ancient India, 11. Medieval Historiography, (a) Western Historiography, (b) Arabic and Persian Historiography, (c) Historiography in Medieval India,
UNIT – IV Approaches to History
13. Approaches to History
UNIT – V Major Theories of History
14. Major Theories of History, (a) Cyclical Theory, (b) Historical Materialism, (c) Sociological, (d) Comparative, (e) Structural, (f) World System, (g) Ecological, (h) Post-modernist Critiques of History,
UNIT – VI Themes in Indian History
15. Themes in Indian History, (a) Economics, Labour and Peasant (b) Varna, Jati, Janajati, Gender (c) Religion, Culture (d) Environment, (e) Science and Technology
UNIT – VII Debates in History
16. Debates of History.
Excellent as described in the picture. Outstanding quality.