The World Health Organization has declared the corona-virus a pandemic and the number of cases continues to rise worldwide. These 10 basic steps can help you reduce your risk of getting sick or infecting others.
1. Stay home when you are sick.
2. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose off the tissue safely.
3. Clean and disinfect frequently –touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
4. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing nose, coughing or sneezing.
5. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
6. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Maintain at least three feet distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
7. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
8. Wear a face-mask when you are around other people.
9. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, seek medical attention immediately.
10. Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider.